Snowshoeing Package - You can snowshoe right from your cabin. All of our guests are welcome to use our Snowshoes to explore the surrounding forests!
Snowshoe Rentals - If you want to use our snowshoes and take them offsite, they are available for only $10 per day.
Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding in and near Golden
Ski or Snowboard
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is known as the Champagne Powder Capital of Canada. It is located on the other side of the valley from our cabins however it is worth the drive! You can save money staying with us plus you get a unique and genuine Rocky Mountain Experience! http://kickinghorseresort.com/
Vertical = 1,260 m / 4,133 ft
Elevation = 2,450 m / 8,033 ft
120+ Runs (Beginner 20%; Intermediate 20%; Advanced 45%; Expert 15%)
Skiable area = 2,800+ acres
Average Snowfall at the peak = 750 cm / 295 inches
Lake Louise ski area is approx. 84 km / 52 miles from Golden. With an early start you can be there in time for the lifts opening! https://www.skilouise.com/
Vertical = 991 m / 3,250 ft
Elevation = 2,637 m / 8,650 ft
Skiable area = 1,700 hectares / 4,200 acres
Cross Country Skiing in Golden - there are a huge variety of trails and backcountry terrain for the nordic ski enthusiast!
Snowmobiling in Golden - our cabins are located near a number of excellent snowmobile trails. Notes for sledders:
- We have ample parking for your vehicle and trailer.
- The nearest gas station is in Golden, approx. 20 km east of us.
- We don’t have secure storage however we haven’t locked a door since being here. We are somewhat isolated and it’s pretty quiet.
- You would need to trailer your sled to a trail however there are several trails within 10 minutes of our place. The exception is the Blaeberry River trail which you could get to on your snowmobile using back roads.
- The closest trails are the Blaeberry River trail, Quartz Creek, & Hospital Creek however all the trails listed on the links below are within a relatively short drive of the cabins.
Golden has received several SnoRider Choice Awards including:
- 2014 PLATINUM Snorider's Choice Awards for Favourite Mountain Riding Area in BC, Most Challenging Riding Area in BC
- 2014 GOLD Snorider's Choice Awards for Favourite Scenic Snowmobiling Area in BC
- 2014 SILVER Snorider's Choice Awards for Favourite Overall Snowmobiling Area in BC, Favourite Groomed Trail Riding in BC, Favourite Powder Riding in BC, Favourite Area for Family Snowmobiling in BC
http://goldensnowmobilerentals.com/ - you can rent a snowmobile or sign up for a tour. Save 10% on any of their products when you stay with us at the cabins!
Here is an article from SnoRiders about snowmobiling in Golden:
For a host of winter activities, visit the Tourism Golden website at